Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Reflection

This quarter has been quite a rollercoaster ride! While I consider myself to be well-versed in some aspects of technology, I was pushed this quarter to really pack my patience as I grappled with new software programs and tried to keep my frustration in check as I spent hour after hour "data mining" for my Google Motion Chart lesson! My reflection is being posted PRIOR to finishing my last assignment because I have hit the wall for today and felt I needed to be productive and have something to show for it!

Being back in school as a learner has helped me re-connect with my students and have more empathy for them as they struggle with concepts and skills I am trying to teach them. I know that it is during the times of tension when deeper learning is really happening, and I have experienced that throughout the quarter. One of my philosophical beliefs is: take students from where they are, and move them forward. What I have needed to be reminded of is that it takes some of us a little longer to grasp new things, and that at times we need a little more scaffolding to get us where we need to be.

I feel like I have been introduced to so many new and exciting resources this quarter, and I can't wait to have the time to really experiment with them, then share them with my students and colleagues!

No comments:

Post a Comment